So why don't US citizens get this?

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.net
Sun Jul 27 14:42:13 UTC 2008

On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 09:29:38 -0500 (CDT)
Joe Greco <jgreco at ns.sol.net> wrote:
> > The key thing in that definition is the lack of government
> > intervention in its various forms. That's D'Arcy's point. Where there
> > is government subsidy, regulation, or other intervention, it cannot be
> > described as a free market.
>
> Actually, it could...  but you have to understand the situation better.

Ah.  I didn't realize that I just didn't understand the situation as
well as you.  Thanks for setting me straight.

If you call a tail a leg, how many legs does a dog have?
Four.  Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it one.
   Abraham Lincoln

As I said, I mostly agree with you in your analysis.  The main thing I
differ on is your definition.  The market is not free and just calling
it free doesn't change that.

> This will be my last post along this thread, due to thread drift.

Me too.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves