So why don't US citizens get this?

Max Tulyev president at ukraine.su
Sun Jul 27 10:50:11 UTC 2008

Hi All,

we are rendering similar (but up to 1Gbps to home) service. This is also
very popular in Russia. This type of network is much cheaper to build
and much cheaper in maintain than ADSL or CaTV (DOCSIS).

The problem is... USERS!!! A regular user just don't understand the
difference. That's why first houses covered is where no coverage of any
type of Internet connection at all. But if there is something - people
continue to use DSLs, even if not happy with it.

I hear from my colleges about a pilot-project in New York, but it is
about 1000 users.

If somebody here interesting in this technology and business, please,
contact me off-list.

--
WBR,
Max Tulyev (MT6561-RIPE, 2:463/253 at FIDO)