Level3 newyork - london, anyone else seeing issues?

Craig Pierantozzi craigp at tozz.net
Sat Jul 26 04:09:56 UTC 2008

On Jul 26, 2008, at 7:49 AM, John Menerick wrote:

> I was seeing the same thing around the same time.  However, the
> "issue" corrected itself after 10 minutes.  Not quite long enough to
> get Level3 support on the phone.  Support's answer: "OOps, our
> bad....."
>

> John Menerick
> http://www.icehax.us
> twitter: aeonice
> aim: glacilwing

I'm sorry to say that whoever said that didn't know the issue since it
wasn't a level 3 problem. That router in NYC is the border and bgp was
up and routing fine over that interface to another entity. Something
was wrong on the return path on the other side past that customer
access router.

I worked with Drew offline and after clearing one side, efforts were
underway to contact the other entity and get it resolved when it
returned to normal.

regards
-Craig