Paul Vixie: Re: [dns-operations] DNS issue accidentally leaked?

Sean Donelan sean at donelan.com
Thu Jul 24 19:01:18 UTC 2008

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008, Paul Vixie wrote:
>> I believe at&t has already said they are testing the patch and will deploy
>> it as soon as their testing is completed.  Other than you, I have not
>> heard anyone in at&t say they are refusing to patch.
>
> i read at&t write that this was a rehash of a previously known issue.
>
> i heard at&t tell a customer that they were in no hurry to patch.

If the customer believes AT&T reputation is more reliable than Paul
Vixie's reputation (not saying they are right or wrong, just if);
point out at&t said they are testing the patch and plan to deploy
it as soon as their testing is finished.

If the customer believes at&t, the customer should also at least be
testing the patch NOW and should deploy it WHEN they finish testing it.

That is not the same as "refusing to patch."  Test Patch->Deploy Patch.