Paul Vixie: Re: [dns-operations] DNS issue accidentally leaked?

Paul Vixie vixie at isc.org
Thu Jul 24 18:05:21 UTC 2008

> > go ask 'em, and let us all know what they say.
>
> I believe at&t has already said they are testing the patch and will deploy
> it as soon as their testing is completed.  Other than you, I have not
> heard anyone in at&t say they are refusing to patch.

i read at&t write that this was a rehash of a previously known issue.

i heard at&t tell a customer that they were in no hurry to patch.

> Doing my own tests, at&t appears to be testing the patch on DNS
> servers in Tulsa and St. Louis.  They may be testing on other DNS
> servers in other regions too.

that's good news.

> The at&t anycast DNS ip addresses go to different servers in different
> locations, so you may get different results using the same IP address
> in your DNS client.
>
> But if you want to continue spreading the FUD that at&t is refusing to
> patch, I can't stop you.

hopefully at&t will issue a clarifying statement, indicating that they know
now that this is not a rehash of last year's update, and that they will have
those iphones covered by july 25 even though they were noticed before july 8.

by the way we just found an abuse@ mailbox protected by challenge-response
(there's a notification effort underway to let folks know which of their open
resolvers are unpatched.  i don't know what this means anymore.)

believed to be clean.