Paul Vixie: Re: [dns-operations] DNS issue accidentally leaked?

Sean Donelan sean at donelan.com
Thu Jul 24 17:55:27 UTC 2008

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008, Paul Vixie wrote:
>> "Refuses to patch" sounds likes FUD.
>
> go ask 'em, and let us all know what they say.

I believe at&t has already said they are testing the patch and will deploy
it as soon as their testing is completed.  Other than you, I have not
heard anyone in at&t say they are refusing to patch.

Doing my own tests, at&t appears to be testing the patch on DNS
servers in Tulsa and St. Louis.  They may be testing on other DNS
servers in other regions too.

The at&t anycast DNS ip addresses go to different servers in different
locations, so you may get different results using the same IP address
in your DNS client.

But if you want to continue spreading the FUD that at&t is refusing to
patch, I can't stop you.