Exploit for DNS Cache Poisoning - RELEASED

Robert D. Scott robert at ufl.edu
Wed Jul 23 22:51:22 UTC 2008

Actually you are not missing anything. It is a brute force attack. I think
you had the right concept when you indicated that "networks and  hardware
may be fast enough". It is not maybe, it is; and every script kiddie on your
block has the power in his/her bedroom. Then you add the college crowd
sitting on 10Gig pipes to the Internet and the threat is real. But other
than just muck things up where is the motivation for a poisoning?

Robert D. Scott                 Robert at ufl.edu
Senior Network Engineer         352-273-0113 Phone
CNS - Network Services          352-392-2061 CNS Receptionist
University of Florida           352-392-9440 FAX
Florida Lambda Rail             352-294-3571 FLR NOC
Gainesville, FL  32611          321-663-0421 Cell