virtual aggregation in IETF

Paul Francis francis at cs.cornell.edu
Sun Jul 20 17:37:56 UTC 2008

So, if I get you right, you are saying that edge routers have fewer CPU
requirements, and so ISPs can get away with software routers and don't care
about FIB.  At the same time, folks in the middle are saying that in any
event they need to buy high-end routers, and so can afford to buy enough
hardware FIB so they also don't care (much) about FIB growth.

Are there any folks for whom this statement isn't working?

PF