SBCglobal routing loop.

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Sat Jul 19 19:44:31 UTC 2008

> > Sounds like he's used to used IRC, not mailing lists.
> > There used to be an IRC channel where a lot of NANOG folks
> hung out.
> > Anyone care to publicize the channel name and which IRC network
> > carries it?

> from the nanog mailing list...
> Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 12:17 PM
>  > First and foremost, the #nanog IRC channel has absolutely
> nothing to  > do with the nanog mailing list, other than it
> shares some common  > personalities.

Which IRC network? There are dozens of IRC networks and although
you can find channels with the same name on different networks,
they rarely share common personalities.

In any case, I would expect that an IRC channel would contain
mostly front-line NOC people, and except for the smaller networks
where one person wears many hats, I would not expect to find
such people hanging out on the NANOG list.

Now, perhaps #nanog is not the channel I am thinking of, in which
case I think it would be a good idea for someone with first
hand experience to post the channel or channels which do
cover this type of stuff. Same thing goes for Jabber channels
or any other IM network. Is there a place where frontline
network operators hang out, where it is not frowned upon to
ask operational questions about events in progress?

--Michael Dillon