Managed, cheap, DC power switches

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Jul 17 20:05:17 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 11:05:57AM -0400, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
[ Network Liquidators ]
> Well, I called them, on a recommendation, rather than the other way
> around... but several people have suggested to me off-list that the
> premium I paid them for the parts I needed wasn't really justified by
> the fact that it was July 3rd.  :-}

For what it's worth, I gave the sales rep what-for about the price, and
he gave it back to me, telling me that ProCurve switches will only
accept ProCurve(-compatible) SFP GBICs, which cost more, both because
they're compatible, and because they're SFP.

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Those who cast the vote decide nothing.
	       -- (Josef Stalin)