Managed, cheap, DC power switches

Brandon Bennett bennetb at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 15:20:59 UTC 2008

I have a need for cheap managed DC power switches for our OSS and
Monitoring (backoffice).  I was wondering what everyone else have
found in this space.  I am currently using Cisco 2950's, but those are
still 2.5K list and seems like too much to spend on something so
trivial.

I am looking for something with:
 * Better port density (48 ports per 1U), but 24 ports would work.
 * IOS like configuration (not needed, but would be nice not to
crosstrain my team)  I really don't want anything that is Web only.
 * CHEAP.  The gear is mostly just for monitoring and big backplanes
and features are not really needed.

Thanks,

Brandon