Avg. Packet Size - Again?

Sean Hafeez sah.list at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 23:44:48 UTC 2008

Most of the data and studies I have found on this topic are a bit out
of date.

I would be interested in find out what the average packet size people
are seeing on their backbones is at this point and time? Also for
those in the DC space what is average packet size you are seeing for
web farm traffic (outbound)? Yes I know there are 1000's of answers
and different possibilities in setups so please no, "this is a dumb
question". I am well aware of all the variables involved in this. I am
just looking for some data points that come from a wide degree of
sources.

Is this data even something that you track and if so why?

Thanks!
Sean