Analysing traces for performance bottlenecks

Tue Jul 15 10:05:34 UTC 2008

Hi,

Are there any packages (or Wireshark options that I've missed) that can
follow a TCP stream and determine the limiting factor on throughput. E.g
Latency, packet loss, out of sequence packets, window size, or even just
the senders rate onto the wire. I know how to analyse a trace by hand
for performance issues, but it's relatively time consuming.

Googling for variations on "Analyse TCP stream limit throughput" didn't
find anything.

Sam