Multiple DNS implementations vulnerable to cache poisoning

Russ Mundy mundy at tislabs.com
Thu Jul 10 21:34:34 UTC 2008

At 11:08 AM -0400 7/10/08, Christopher Morrow wrote:

>> CM> I think Sandy Murphy or other Sparta folks have presented some of the
>> CM> work they've done on this... Perhaps finding one/some of them and
>> CM> having a more operations focused presentation in LAX or ... is a good
>> CM> idea as well?
>>
>> The tools that Sparta developed (and made freely available via an open
>> source packaged that is BSD licensed) can be found at
>> http://www.dnssec-tools.org/ .  In particular, signing a zone is
>
>yup, and that's helpful stuff.

Great, we're trying to provide tools that will help with the deployment and
operation of DNSSEC.  We also try to keep a listing of all the 'pieces'
that we know about that could be helpful to folks who want to deploy and
use DNSSEC in various ways whether they are operating a signed zone,
running a validating resolver or wanting DNSSEC-aware applications. The url
for the listing is:

http://www.dnssec-deployment.org/tracker

We provide the listing as community resource and try to keep it reasonably
current. But we are always on the lookout for additional information (&
corrections) to the list - if you have any, please let me know.

>> All for free.  Don't you hate those ??biased??, freely-available,
>> source-code-supplied-so-you-can-change-it, BSD-licensed open source
>> packages?
>> --
>
>I like free... as long as it's the hammer I need for the nails I have.
>
>-Chris

We don't try to keep track of things in the listing by whether they or free
or not but I know a lot of them have typical open source type of licenses.

Russ