Multiple DNS implementations vulnerable to cache poisoning

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Wed Jul 9 17:39:42 UTC 2008

> > Pressure your local ICANN officers?
>
> Mmph.  https://ns.iana.org/dnssec/status.html
>
> (it's out of ICANN's hands)

Huh!?
Then what does this following statement refer to?

(c) 2008 The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers.

I found that at the bottom of the IANA page whose URL you quoted.
At the bottom of the IANA home page http://www.iana.org/
it is stated a bit more explicitly:

IANA is operated by the
Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers

It sounds like ICANN has the matter well in hand to me given
that it is only responsible for the common central bit of the
DNS system. The rest of the job is everyone's problem.

--Michael Dillon