Sure, I'm game (was Re: a business opportunity?)

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Sun Jul 6 14:43:26 UTC 2008

On Sun, 6 Jul 2008, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 6, 2008 at 3:25 AM, Lynda <shrdlu at deaddrop.org> wrote:
>> Actually, that's not a bad idea. Of course, there's the larger problem;
>> verifying that the address space previously sullied is now worthy of being
>> cleaned up. In Nick Shank's case (and Bravo! to Nick), I would say that he's
>> off doing the right thing. It would seem that some serious investigation
>> would be necessary before acting as a third party for others in a similar
>> boat, of course.
>
> There's already a bunch of companies that have built up a business
> model on this.. they call it "deliverability"

There's a big difference though between trying to clean up the reputation
of newly acquired IP space a previous "owner" abused and trying to explain
away an ESP's prior spamming.  My limited experience with deliverability
consulting companies recently has largely been the latter.

  Jon Lewis                   |  I route
  Atlantic Net                |