Replacement for Avaya CNA/RouteScience

Christian Koch christian at broknrobot.com
Thu Jul 3 18:38:41 UTC 2008

agreed. i see the most benefit from these boxes geared towards networks with
critical apps that are latency intensive and more than a handful of transit
providers than i do for a smaller provider..

depending on how many upstreams you're juggling, its not that hard to create
some traffic engineering policies that can easily be modified, (whether by
hand or you use a script with a front end that can push the changes for you)
in order to re-route traffic in the event of issues with an SP network in
your end to end path..

personally i think manual traffic engineering and re-routing is one of the
more fun parts of engineering..

-christian

--
^christian$