ICANN opens up Pandora's Box of new TLDs

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Tue Jul 1 15:29:33 UTC 2008

On Tue, 1 Jul 2008, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 06:36:06PM +0100,
>  Tony Finch <dot at dotat.at> wrote
>  a message of 15 lines which said:
>
> > It makes the "public suffix list" project harder, but so long as the
> > list of TLDs changes reasonably slowly, it shouldn't become
> > impossible.  http://publicsuffix.org/
>
> Well, this list is a bad workaround for cookies specification problems
> and bad programming practices, so I'm not too concerned if it is
> perturbed.

I don't think bad programming can be blamed in this instance, and cookies
are so widely used and so fundamentally broken that a workaround is the
best way to improve their security.

Tony.
FISHER GERMAN BIGHT: SOUTH BACKING SOUTHEAST 4 OR 5, OCCASIONALLY 6 LATER IN
FISHER. SLIGHT OR MODERATE. FAIR. GOOD.