potential hazards of Protect-America act

James R. Cutler james.cutler at consultant.com
Tue Jan 29 23:38:44 UTC 2008

Well, it could affect the equipment required, floor space, real
estate cost, log retention, bandwidth requirements, equipment
addressing, procedures, training, trouble desk, employee count and,
probably, more.  So, I would think it would affect network
operations. I would suggest that it is on topic. There are business
and legal hazards along with the technical hazards.  Compliance with
differing data privacy and retention laws are not the least of these.

On Jan 29, 2008, at 3:46 PM, <michael.dillon at bt.com>
<michael.dillon at bt.com> wrote:

> I wonder if this is on topic?
>
> <http://www.crypto.com/papers/paa-ieee.pdf>
>
> Among other things, it discusses technical hazards of the act.
>

> --Michael Dillon

James R. Cutler
james.cutler at consultant.com