Comparing Bandwidth Economies

jamie baddeley jamie.baddeley at fx.net.nz
Sun Jan 27 00:43:54 UTC 2008

Hi,

For the purposes of building an argument *for* increased peering within
NZ, I need to compare domestic bandwidth costs between the US and NZ.

My apologies now if this is considered OT. Hopefully you'll accommodate
my request. It's fairly straight forward.

Basically all I need to know is the price of 10/100/1000Mbps of
ethernet/POS (probably not IP transit) service etc for a link span of
either 400 Miles or 800 Miles (say between 2 major cities), ideally in
states that have a average population density of roughly around 42 per
sq mile.

Which basically means I'd be keen to hear from folks in Oregon, Maine,
Colorado, Arizona or possibly Kansas (happy to hear from others). I
realise that neither of those states span the distance I'm talking
about, but close enough is good enough.

Portland to San Francisco costs for 10/100/1000Mbps ethernet service
would be very interesting.

Thanks for your time.

Jamie