Cox clamping VPN traffic?

Matthew Moyle-Croft mmc at internode.com.au
Sat Jan 26 07:12:43 UTC 2008

> Could it be that the provider is silently inserting RSTs into live flows?
He's talking about traffic inside a VPN also there doesn't seem to be a
problem with the transfer stopping (which RSTs would cause) just slowing
down.

> Before walking down that road, however, are you sure you're not
> dealing with an MTU/TCP-MSS/DF bit issue?
I'd suggest that this is a reasonable angle - I've seen various VPNs go
slowly because of these kinds of issues.

MMC

--
Matthew Moyle-Croft - Internode/Agile - Networks
Level 3, 132 Grenfell Street, Adelaide, SA 5000 Australia

      "The difficulty lies, not in the new ideas, but in escaping from the old ones" - John Maynard Keynes