NetworkSolutions - Was: Re: v6 gluelessness

Christopher Morrow christopher.morrow at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 20:50:25 UTC 2008

On Jan 24, 2008 10:55 AM, Matt Larson <mlarson at verisign.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Jan 2008, Christopher Morrow wrote:
> > >    o netsol understands aaaa glue
> >
> > REGISTRY part of NetSol here, I think David means the REGISTRAR part no?
>
> To my knowledge, there is no registry part of Network Solutions.
> Network Solutions and VeriSign are two distinct companies with
> distinct roles re: the current topic.

grumble-grumble... apologies I got my names confused (and history
confused). My point here was that perhaps calling NetSol might not
have been the right place to call, or perhaps other people think of
Netsol/Verisign in the "Xerox of registration" way that apparently I
do?
(or did)

> As I wrote in a previous post in this thread, VeriSign has supported
> AAAA RRs in the .com/.net registry for over five years (since May,
> 2002).  Individual registrars may or may not support provisioning AAAA
> RRs for their customers.

Is it in the best interest of Verisign to push back on registrars in
some way to support AAAA in their side of the problem? Is this an
ICANN problem to pursue instead?

> Network Solutions appears to have some level of support for AAAA RRs
> because I am aware of domain names registered through them that have
> AAAA RRs.

maybe these are there from other folks doing the 72+hr dance on the
phone? Probably we can't tell which is a shame.

-Chris