Cost per prefix [was: request for help w/ ATT and terminology]

Andy Davidson andy at nosignal.org
Wed Jan 23 18:27:55 UTC 2008

On 23 Jan 2008, at 17:24, Paul Vixie wrote:

> andy at nosignal.org (Andy Davidson) writes:
>> People pay the RIRs.
>> The RIRs spend money on parties for network operators.
> according to <http://www.arin.net/about_us/corp_docs/budget.html>
> for 2007 and
> <http://www.arin.net/about_us/corp_docs/annual/2006_audited_financials.pdf
> >
> for 2006 and 2005, ARIN's expenses are mostly unrelated to partying.

After fielding plenty of offlist mail - I'm sorry that my tongue in
cheek comments caused some raised eyebrows; it was a non-serious
suggestion for how the RIRs could spend an imaginary windfall, not a
comment that they spend too much on socials.  I recognise the value of
conferencing, and the importance of injecting some socials at
conference events since it's really good opportunity for delegates to
spend time talking to others in the industry.

Andy