Lessons from the AU model

Andy Davidson andy at nosignal.org
Mon Jan 21 13:02:54 UTC 2008

On 21 Jan 2008, at 01:43, Martin Barry wrote:

> $quoted_author = "Andy Davidson" ;
>> .. think about what happens when your customers' routes start
>> appearing
>> through your MLP session as well.
> Standard practice would be to localpref customer routes over peering
> routes.[...] The customer's inbound (standard billing metric) won't
> be affected but their ratio might.

I'm really happy for you to sell me some transit as long as I can peer
with you over MLP as well.  Small commit.  I agree to give you some of
my prefixes over the paid session, but I'm going to put all of my
routes and my customer's routes on the MLP.

With any luck you wont notice, just be happy that you suddenly seem to
be selling more transit via your upstreams and also peering off more
data too..  :-)

Andy