Cost per prefix [was: request for help w/ ATT and terminology]

Neil J. McRae neil at domino.org
Mon Jan 21 07:58:46 UTC 2008

Joe
How many E1 customers can I plug into that device? You can take a cross section on this issue at various points.

Think of the huge (sub RSP8) 7500 estates still in production, GSR Engine <5, 7609 <RSP720 and Flexwan1 and I think the early Juniper boxes - that can cope with todays size of routing table. The cost per prefix on those devices is very expensive indeed as the step upgrade driver for those devices is now the size o the table. We are all paying for it margin reduction...

Regards,
Neil