Lessons from the AU model

Martin Barry marty at supine.com
Mon Jan 21 02:13:26 UTC 2008

$quoted_author = "Randy Bush" ;

>> Likely to result in assymetric routing as the customer prefers peering
>> routes over transit.
>
> omg!  asymmetric routing on the internet!  world at eleven, end of news
> predicted! :)

:)

This was basically setting up the next comment which was in relation to how
this situation ("my customer is now at a multi-lateral peering point I'm on")
is not really an issue as far as the bean-counters are concerned. Unless any
ratio limit you have was applicable to that customer.

cheers
marty

--
with usenet gone, we just don't teach our kids entertainment-level hyperbole
any more. --Paul Vixie

http://www.merit.edu/mail.archives/nanog/2006-01/msg00593.html