An Attempt at Economically Rational Pricing: Time Warner Trial

Buhrmaster, Gary gtb at slac.stanford.edu
Sun Jan 20 19:07:07 UTC 2008

> My guess is the market will work this out. As soon as it's implemented,
> you'll see AT&T commercials in that town slamming cable and saying how DSL
> is "really unlimited".

If I were the DSL companies, I would consider advertising
with a commercial recalling the fable of the tortoise and
the hare.  You see a starting line, the rabbit jumps out
early (8mb/s), and then crawls forward (64kb/s).  The
turtle starts a little slower (3mb/s), but just keeps
going, beating the rabbit easily.

Gary