An Attempt at Economically Rational Pricing: Time Warner Trial

Buhrmaster, Gary gtb at slac.stanford.edu
Sun Jan 20 18:44:30 UTC 2008

> To put it another way, they do not give you a better price
> per minute if you go and deposit $2400 in your prepaid account.

Actually, AT&T did (when I last looked at at least one
of their prepaid plans a year or so ago for a friend).
Deposit $100, get a $20 "bonus".  Or something like that.

Personally, I do not know how the Time Warner trial
will work out (for them, for the consumer, or for
other providers), but I do give them credit for
experimenting with a different model.

Gary