v6 gluelessness

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Sat Jan 19 19:08:54 UTC 2008

Bill,

On Jan 19, 2008, at 10:52 AM, bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com wrote:
> 	its been this way since at least 2003, when there was an effort
> 	to get som servers changed, when ICANN first allowed AAAA records
> 	into the root zone.  Some requests are over four years old. :(

The oldest root management request IANA has in its queue is about 1
year old and is unrelated to glue policy.  The oldest glue related
request (adding a AAAA to f.root-servers.net) is 10 months old and
will be processed (along with the 3 other outstanding root server
requests) on/around 4 Feb after the ICANN board mandated public
notification period.

If you have reason to believe there are older outstanding requests,
please let me know (preferably privately as I would imagine this isn't
particularly in the charter of NANOG's mailing list).

Thanks,
-drc