v6 gluelessness

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Sat Jan 19 03:47:59 UTC 2008

On Jan 18, 2008, at 5:54 PM, Leo Bicknell wrote:
> Contact the TLD's.  Send them two e-mails, and two faxes.  But all
> of those should contain "you have 30 days to object, or we will
> move forward anyway".

This is along the lines of what we're going to propose.  It will be
interesting to see what happens.

> I'm all for giving people a reasonable way to object, and/or "protect"
> the things they run.  I think though giving them an opportunity to
> stop any process completely in its tracks is, well, stupid.

I've heard this opinion stated (usually by technical folks) quite
frequently.  Trust me when I say I don't disagree.  It is interesting
(in the 'Ebola virus' form of interesting) to see what happens when
international politics and apolitical technology intersect...

> I'd get involved in making the process less stupid, but frankly IANA
> politics make my head hurt. :)

And you thought I was grumpy just by nature?  :-)

Regards,
-drc