v6 gluelessness

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Fri Jan 18 21:29:43 UTC 2008

In a message written on Fri, Jan 18, 2008 at 12:59:08PM -0800, Andreas Ott wrote:
> even if Randy is successful to get IPv6 glue records added to the the
> root zone, how would I get to them?  This is not obvious from my corner
> of the net.

IANA recently made an announcement that AAAA glue in the root will
be added in early February.  I believe there are either four or
five root servers with currently operating IPv6 capability that
will be the initial listing.

This particular problem is all but solved, and should be done in
under a month.