v6 gluelessness

Jeroen Massar jeroen at unfix.org
Fri Jan 18 10:29:30 UTC 2008

Randy Bush wrote:

> for those of us who are trying to provide dual stack services, how the
> heck do we get v6 glue added to the gtlds?  specifically, i want to add
> v6 glue for psg.com and rip.psg.com in the com zone.
>
> similarly for the root, as rip.psg.com serves some tlds.

Depends on your registrar. As one of the few ones enom.com can add AAAA
glue for at least .com and probably some others.

And NetworkSolutions & Joker.com don't even know what 'glue' means, they
think that you want to use their managed DNS services and put AAAA's in
there.

Then again NSI doesn't even get the part right that there are people who
do not have a phonenumber starting with +1, let alone that some people
don't have a fax, thus nicely pushing invalid information into whois.

Some people claim that if you can get through the hoops of the
phonesystem at NSI that they can manually add them though.

I've added a little list here:
   http://www.sixxs.net/faq/dns/?faq=ipv6glue
Updates and anecdotes of course are welcome :)

Greets,
  Jeroen