Cisco IP forwarding question

up at 3.am up at 3.am
Thu Jan 17 21:25:36 UTC 2008

I have a customer that's trying to do something I've never seen before,
and I'm trying to help him set it up.

They have a 2811 set up with a VPN using a GRE tunnel.  We have that up
and running to the other end ok.  However, the customer wants to control
which RFC 1918 10.x space he assigns to each external destination within a
larger NAT'd VPN, mostly using 10.x space.

For example.  From his 192.whatever network, he can ping 10.200.1.2, which
is somewhere on the other end of the tunnel.  He wants to be able to call
that address something like 10.0.3.2 and have at least all of
10.0.3.0/24 map to a corresponding address that could be anywhere else in
10.whatever space (randomly).

This way, the customer controls which of his clients is assigned which
address from his end, even though they may vary wildly on the other side
of the VPN.

I assume this would take a static mapping/alias/forward for each IP.  Any
suggestions as to best do this appreciated.

Thanks!

up at 3.am							    http://3.am