Network Operator Groups Outside the US

Neil J. McRae neil at domino.org
Wed Jan 16 18:39:02 UTC 2008

Swinog in switzerland is a great forum.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Gallagher <robert.gallagher at heanet.ie>
Sent: 16 January 2008 14:46
To: nanog at merit.edu
Subject: Re: Network Operator Groups Outside the US

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 12:09:48 -0000
"Rod Beck" <Rod.Beck at hiberniaatlantic.com> wrote:

> 6. I am not aware of any Dutch per se ISP conferences although that
> market is certainly quite vibrant. I am also disappointed to see the
> Canadians and Irish have next to nothing despite Ireland being the
> European base of operations for Google, Microsoft, Amazon, and Yahoo.
> And Canada has over 30 million people. Where is the National Pride?

There is an IENOG (www.ienog.org), however I believe it has been
inactive for a long time. Much of the discussion occurs on the INEX
(www.inex.ie) mailing lists and IRC channel.

rg

--
Rob Gallagher | Public Key: 0x1DD13A78

HEAnet Limited, Ireland's Education and Research Network
1st Floor, 5 George's Dock, IFSC, Dublin 1.
Registered in Ireland, no 275301
T: (+353-1) 6609040  F: (+353-1) 6603666 WWW: http://www.heanet.ie/