Network Operator Groups Outside the US

Jeroen Massar jeroen at unfix.org
Wed Jan 16 12:29:15 UTC 2008

Rod Beck wrote:
[..]
> 6. I am not aware of any Dutch per se ISP conferences although that
> market is certainly quite vibrant.

See http://www.nlnog.net/ though "conferences" is not the case, then
again there is RIPE + AMS-IX meetings, who needs more than that :)

Also see http://www.swinog.org for the Swiss Network Operators Group,
which I can really recommend for attending meetings as they are a lot of
fun. (Hint: Generally the meeting is hold in the "Altes TramDepot"
(http://www.altestramdepot.ch/) , which is a beer brewery and has a wide
selection of beers ;)

> I am also disappointed to see the
> Canadians and Irish have next to nothing despite Ireland being the
> European base of operations for Google, Microsoft, Amazon, and Yahoo.

Ireland has SAGE-IE (http://www.sysadmin.ie/) which fills in the niche
quite well, together with ILUG (http://www.linux.ie/) for related
subjects. I think they are quite well covered too :)

Germany btw has CCC Congress + SummerCamp (http://events.ccc.de), thus
they are also covered :) Though indeed not 100% ISP events, they are
very much related and also a lot of fun.

> 8. Both DEC-IX and AMS-IX have member meetings each year. Not clear how
> difficult to get invited if you are not a member.

If you are not a member at either of these your network has a problem :)
(Oh and you are missing out on the great AMS-IX parties too!)

Greets,
  Jeroen