Network Operator Groups Outside the US

Simon Lockhart simon at slimey.org
Wed Jan 16 12:20:25 UTC 2008

On Wed Jan 16, 2008 at 12:09:48PM -0000, Rod Beck wrote:
> 6. I am not aware of any Dutch per se ISP conferences although that market is
> certainly quite vibrant. I am also disappointed to see the Canadians and
> Irish have next to nothing despite Ireland being the European base of
> operations for Google, Microsoft, Amazon, and Yahoo. And Canada has over 30
> million people. Where is the National Pride?

Inex, the Dublin internet exchange runs member meetings a few times a year.
(But, like LINX, DE-CIX & AMS-IX member meetings, they're designed for members,
not for the general community).

NANOG occasionally holds meetings in Canada.

> 8. Both DEC-IX and AMS-IX have member meetings each year. Not clear how
> difficult to get invited if you are not a member.

There's also the EPF (European Peering Forum) co-run by LINX, DE-CIX and AMS-IX
once a year.

Simon