BGP Filtering

Ben Butler ben.butler at c2internet.net
Tue Jan 15 17:23:54 UTC 2008

Hi,

Agreed that is why I have lots of RAM - doesn't mean I should carry on
upgrading my tower of babble though to make it ever higher and higher if
there is a better way of doing things.

I still don't see how a default route to a portioned pop is going to
help in the slightest - you are saved by getting the prefixes from an
alternate transit and the default doesn't get used.  Where is does help
is to capture anything which has been filtered out completely and then
there is no prefix from the alternate transit provider anyway - so
whichever default gets used and takes its chances.

Bogons - obviously.

My question was if what I was asking was possible.

Kind Regards

Ben