FW: ISPs slowing P2P traffic...

Adrian Chadd adrian at creative.net.au
Tue Jan 15 08:56:30 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jan 15, 2008, Mark Smith wrote:

> But the fat man isn't allowed to take up residence in the restaurant
> and continously eat - he's only allowed to be there in bursts, like we
> used to be able to assume people would use networks they're connected
> to. "Left running" P2P is the fat man never leaving and never stopping
> eating.

ffs, stop with the crappy analogies.

The internet is like a badly designed commodity network. Built increasingly
cheaper to deal with market pressures and unable to shift quickly to shifting
technologies.

Just like the telcos I recall everyone blasting when I was last actually
involved in networks bigger than a university campus.

Adrian