IP/MPLS Circuit Provisioning Software

Gregory Urban GUrban at dbm.state.md.us
Mon Jan 14 03:21:44 UTC 2008

Currently, our network uses ATM to provide approximately 1200 virtual
circuits to our subscriber base.  We use the ATM switch manufacturer's
management software (Marconi Service On Data) to manage both the ATM
switches and all of the virtual circuits (mostly SVCs) we have
provisioned.

We are in the process of migrating off of ATM and provisioning these
services as MPLS circuits (mostly pseudo-wire).  But we need a tool to
replace Service On Data, as configuring 1200 circuits manually on each
router/switch isn't going to cut it.  The network is primarily Juniper
Routers at the core and Cisco 3750 Metro switches at the edge.

Does anyone have any experience with a provisioning tool that can build
MPLS circuits in a multi-vendor network?  We're evaluating Dorado Red
Cell, but I'm not sold on it yet.

TIA.

Gregory Urban

Director, networkMaryland