houston.rr.com MX fubar?

Steve Atkins steve at blighty.com
Sun Jan 13 03:23:46 UTC 2008

On Jan 12, 2008, at 7:02 PM, Chris Boyd wrote:

> We're bouncing email to houston.rr.com due to the MX being set to
> localhost.
>
> clb at countzero:~$ host -t mx houston.rr.com
> houston.rr.com mail is handled by 10 localhost.
>
> Setting the MX to 127.0.0.1 seems like an odd way to handle the
> switch.
>
> <http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/business/silverman/4842611.html>

houston.rr.com, amongst other domains, went away as part of the
adelphia /
comcast / roadrunner customer swap.

http://blog.wordtothewise.com/index.php/2008/01/11/changes-at-roadrunner/

I tend to agree about the MX-localhost thing (MX 0 . would be better),
but
the domain is dead, jim, as far as email is concerned.

Cheers,
   Steve