Assigning IPv6 /48's to CPE's?

Stuart Henderson stu at spacehopper.org
Tue Jan 8 11:02:56 UTC 2008

On 2008/01/07 15:27, John Dupuy wrote:
> Because I don't know of any residential broadband CPEs that support IPv6.
>
> I want to be wrong about that. Seriously. Send me a link to one. I want
> to be wrong. (And by residential, I mean a CPE/router/firewall that costs
> less than $150US.)
>
> IMO, the only answers so far:
>
>  businesses get /48
>  dialup gets /64

free.fr use their own (broadcom-based) CPE which runs modified 6to4,
their subscribers get one /64 (from free's allocation, not the classic
2002:: of normal 6to4). I don't know about costs (it also handles
VoIP and video) but it's definitely residential.

as you might expect, this results in people doing nasty tricks so they
can use their own firewalls, see http://ip6.fr/free-broute/ (in French,
but fig.2 tells all).