Assigning IPv6 /48's to CPE's?

John Dupuy jdupuy-list at socket.net
Mon Jan 7 23:07:02 UTC 2008

>> I want to be wrong about that. Seriously. Send me a link to one. I want
>> to be wrong. (And by residential, I mean a CPE/router/firewall that costs
>> less than $150US.)
>>

> http://buffalo.jp/products/catalog/network/wzr-ampg300nh/
>
> http://www.apple.com/airportextreme/
>
> Any device with a docsis 3.0 cable modem embedded in it (Scientific
> atlanta/cisco DRG2800 for example)
>
> probably more now that CES is going on right now.

Thanks for the links. I'll have to investigate the airport extreme's
IPv6 support. At a $180 it's at the extreme price end for resi, but it's
closer.

Do you know of a north american vendor for the ampg300nh? I don't know
Japanese, so I could not glean it from the page.

Not that familiar with the cable modems as we are a dsl CLEC, but it's
good to see resi cpes with IPv6.

John