v6 subnet size for DSL & leased line customers

Deepak Jain deepak at ai.net
Thu Jan 3 01:09:35 UTC 2008

> The only caveat is, that some parties may mess with it on prefixes they
> receive.

Which is true for all TE items.

Just like a provider may local pref their own customers paths over
external paths to get there even given the existence of TE. Some
providers are quite rabid about this.

Perhaps we should also define TE at a high level as whether we are
talking about default behavior in most cases, or some case where need
absolute deterministic precision. I think we can agree on the Internet
that the latter is not possible.

TE examples like the example Brian gives (which I am sure many of us are
aware of) nicely fit into the first category.

Deepak