v6 subnet size for DSL & leased line customers

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Wed Jan 2 20:54:04 UTC 2008

-------- morrowc.lists at gmail.com wrote: -----------
From: "Christopher Morrow" <morrowc.lists at gmail.com>

I think this goes back to my point about DHCP, today there is a
business practice and set of business requirements that work for a
host of reasons. Expecting that in v6 these requirements will
evaporate is not wise. There will have to be some useful TE knobs, I
think the operations community would probably like to see those knobs
NOT be 'deaggragate' so what other options are there for someone with
a single prefix (especially when that prefix is very large).

I just want to echo agreement with Chris' repeated comments (but seemingly unanswered as of yet) on these issues.

scott