v6 subnet size for DSL & leased line customers

Iljitsch van Beijnum iljitsch at muada.com
Tue Jan 1 11:51:10 UTC 2008

On 30 dec 2007, at 21:33, Scott Weeks wrote:

> I haven't requested anything yet.  That's why I came to you folks.
> To learn and then get busy on it.  Thanks for your top-down and
> bottom-up idea.  I will probably also intersperse /56s in between
> allocations as well; filling them in later if it ever gets to that.

If you know that you're going to need more than a /32, be sure to ask
ARIN for more than the default. But these things are almost impossible
to get right the first time, so don't sweat it if you have to come
back for more later. There are more than 8 prefixes per AS for IPv4.
One prefix per AS for IPv6 is a laudable goal, but it's not a huge
deal if it's more like 2.