YouTube IP Hijacking

Jeroen Massar jeroen at unfix.org
Tue Feb 26 14:00:44 UTC 2008

Arnd Vehling wrote:
> Randy Epstein wrote:
>> My point was that even with a license, accidents still occur.
>
> My point is that without a license more accidents will occur.

The problem here is a problem causes in a *REMOTE* network, that you, as
a decent engineer, should safeguard against in *YOUR* network.

That *other* networks don't have a clue, doesn't mean that you can't, at
least partially, protect against them.

Or to get to the car analogy: driving a Hummer H1 or for that matter a
Volvo or any other decent SUV (or a tank :), protects you from all those
maniacs (wiht and without license) on the road, as when they hit you you
will only have a dent, their car will be totaled.

In other words: secure your network and make it watch out for the idiots
& maniacs, with and without a license.

See the other threads on tip and tricks on how to get this working, but
you as a decent engineer should know that already and have some nice
monitoring in place to avoid incidents like these...

Greets,
  Jeroen