YouTube IP Hijacking

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 04:04:29 UTC 2008

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 2:32 AM, Hank Nussbacher <hank at efes.iucc.ac.il> wrote:

>  "we've been warning that this could happen *again*" - this is happening
>  every day - just look to:
>  http://cs.unm.edu/~karlinjf/IAR/prefix.php?filter=most
>  http://cs.unm.edu/~karlinjf/IAR/subprefix.php?filter=most

So, as someone that once subscribed to josh's alerts... for a large
ISP, or an ISP with lots of customers using PA/PI space I got loads
and loads of alerts about customer allocations popping out in other
ASN's, it turns out those were almost always intended by the customer
even... So I'm not sure that the above links are the best judge of
this problem space.

I agree though that the problem is there to some extent... much more
often seen than the 1/2yr events we've noted on nanog-l over the last
8 years.

-Chris