YouTube IP Hijacking

Jim Mercer jim at reptiles.org
Mon Feb 25 09:17:54 UTC 2008

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 09:13:23AM +0000, Alexander Harrowell wrote:
> Interesting that (according to Renesys) BT reconnected about 500 networks in
> Pakistan after the big fibre cut. I wonder if there's any data around that
> would tell us who filters and who doesn't?

based on my experience of routing (and de-routing) my own legacy space as
well as some RIPE space through PTCL, i know they have procedures in place to
restrict what their customers can send to them, so it makes sense that they
have a clue as to how to control what they send out.

probably fat fingers, and probably fat wobbly fingers in a rush to comply with
a government directive.