YouTube IP Hijacking

Jim Mercer jim at reptiles.org
Mon Feb 25 09:02:06 UTC 2008

having built an ISP or two in pakistan, PTCL (Pakistan Telecom) is not the
sole provider of bandwidth to the country, although it likely carries the
bulk of traffic to the country.

operationally, there are a number of jurisdictions which filter content
and connectivity on a variety of basis.

adjusting the BGP announcements is a fairly quick and sure way to hobble
connectivity to specific content.  although, it is quickly bypassed by
shifting the content to other addresses and domain names.

i'm sure that this was an accidental leakage, and that appropriate corrections
were/are taken in due course.

--
Jim Mercer        jim at reptiles.org        +971 55 410-5633
"I'm Prime Minister of Canada, I live here and I'm going to take a leak."