YouTube IP Hijacking

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Mon Feb 25 01:42:51 UTC 2008

On Feb 24, 2008, at 7:36 PM, Tomas L. Byrnes wrote:

> I'm sure we can all find a list of "critical infrastructure" ASes that
> could be trusted to peer via the "high priority" AS. I'd say that the
> criteria should be:
>
> 1: Hosted at a Tier 1 provider.

That is a silly requirement.

(I am sorry, I tried hard to find a nicer way to say this, but I
really feel strongly about this.)

> 2: Within a jurisdiction where North American operators have a good
> chance of having the law on their side in case of any network outage
> caused by the entity.

This is also a bit strange.  Do your users never attach to a host
outside the USofA?

> 3: Considered highly competent technically.

Here we agree.

> 4: With state of the art security and operations.

I think we agree, but I wouldn't have said it like that.

--
TTFN,
patrick